Boss Battle Gamecast
A podcast about video games and science (roughly) presented through the unique perspective of an ex-NFL coach, athlete, scientist and life-long gamer…ME! Ted Edwards… It’s also about extraordinary people who share my goal of making positive changes in the world. Video games are a common bond that bridge many demographics, unite industries, harbor friendships, and connect cultures. I bring on interesting people and talk about how video games and science have shaped their lives and what they are doing in the world today. Guests have included:
- NFL Athletes, Game Designers, YouTubers, Game Developers, Indie Studios, Professional Gamers, Streamers, Video Game Marketers, Gamer Arts, Concept Artists, Gaming Personalities, Video Game, Producers, and More!
Yes, I discuss video games but rambling about anything is fair, all while having a good time and bunch of laughs! If you want to have a fun and learn something at the same time, come hang out with me on the show every week! You won’t be disappointed! Well maybe you will…but don’t tell me, I’m fragile…
Think you have what it takes to be a guest on the show? Tell us why! Fill out The Boss Battle Gamecast Application here and we will be in touch!
Why do I do this podcast?
- I love video games! All of them! PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, VR, Oculus, HTC-Vive, esports, PC gaming, and mobile gaming too!
- Video games are the common bond that brings many demographics together. I’m a perfect example! I like Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Madden, Dota 2, NBA2k and Metal Gear Solid. I come from a different background than most in the industry but all of us have a common love and that’s games!
- I want to strengthen the gaming community. I want indie developers, game designers, artists and composers to have a chance to showcase their games and projects. Everyone has a great story and I want to share that with the audience and community.
- I want to engage with you! I love talking to people (obviously) so engaging with the community is great! Hit me up via social media or email the show - I would love to chat!
What do I talk about?
- Video Games!
- PlayStation, PS4, Xbox One, PC, Wii U, VR, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, 3DS, Vita, Mobile, EVERYTHING!
- Old School Video Games
- Sega Genesis, Atari, Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo, Commodore 64, Amiga, Coleco Vision, Magnavox Odyssey, TurboGrafx16 and more!
- Interviews and one on one conversations with special guests
- Game Developers, Designers, Composers, Artists, Streamers, Producers, Gamers, Collectors, Celebrities and other big names in the industry
- Relevant Topics in games – what’s really going on in the gaming industry
- How to get into the industry
- Food, Football, Steroids, Ice Cream, Star Wars, Energy drinks, Bowel movements, working out…you know important stuff.
Why should you listen?
- The show is awesome, DUH!
- You like video games (and maybe table top games)
- Where else can you hear a jock talk intelligently with experts about video games, coding and science?
- You want to know more about the people behind games through my special guests
- You want advice on how to run a business in the gaming industry (yes that’s what RaptorCow does)
- “Gaming is a waste of time!” Well I waste my time and give you the info so you don’t have to!
- You don’t have time to play all the games because you have a family, school, work etc…
- You like learning interesting topics straight from people in the industry
- You like old school video games. I’ve been a gamer since nearly the beginning!
- THE BOSS BATTLES!!! The obvious highlight of the show. If you haven’t listened to one do it now!
- You are awesome
- You’re not boring
- You like to laugh and have fun
Ted Edwards: CEO/Creative Producer aka Meatbed/Tedwards44
Screen Name: Meatbed/Tedwards44
Weapon of CHOICE: Ice Cream Truck and 100lb Dumbbells
Skills: Gluttony Specialization and Athletic Bro-ness
Attributes: +100 Hunger Power, +100 Scientific Knowledge, +50 Brute Strength
Special Abilities: Daywalker, can instantly shift between Nerd and Jock.
Favorite Video Game Character: Kirby and Sephiroth
Quote: “Somewhere someone is practicing, and when you meet him in head to head competition, HE’LL BEAT YOU!”
Ted was exposed to video games at a very young age. In 1989, he got an NES for Christmas and the rest is history. From that moment, video games would be a part of his life forever. In elementary school, Ted would stay up all night playing video games in his room and sprint into bed before his mother came into the room to “wake him up” before school. He played everything he could get his hands on with his friends on their consoles the SNES, Atari, and N64. Ted owned an NES, Gameboy, Genesis, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and many PC's. He also spent time coding his own video games in BASIC/QBASIC, writing HTML websites at the dawn of the internet and frequented arcades.
He had a tough time balancing his nerdy video game side and being heavily involved with sports - facets of is personality he hid from friends on both sides. As he grew into a young man, a couple years into playing college football, he said “SCREW THAT!” and accepted himself for what he was – a “daywalker” able to exist in both worlds. After a successful career coaching in professional sports he started RaptorCow, a video game consulting and creative media company. Ted is fan of just about every game genre, but leans towards strategy, lengthy immersive RPG’s and story based action games. His favorite genre is RTS (when they made good ones) in which he was a competitive player on the international level in the Age of Empires games. Ted loves old school games and can be seen streaming under his screen name Meatbed, a name that he has had for over 20 years.
What's New on Social Media
Boss Battle Statistics
Hall of Champions - A perfect 5/5 in a "Boss Battle"
Episode 16 Champion
Heidi aka "stopxwhispering"
Weapon of Choice: Czech beer and NES Light-Gun
Skills: Extreme knowledge of Retro Games, Viking Strength
Attributes: +100 in video game collecting power
Special Abilities: Able to use the Virtual Boy for more that 5 minutes without vomiting.
Favorite Video Game Character: Samus Aran
Quote: "Don't let anything get to you, just keep on smiling! ^_^"
Support the show!
If you like what you hear and want to help us continue to create quality shows you can contribute by donating to one of the levels below. We'll even send you an appreciation gift! Thank you for your support!
~Ted and The RaptorCow Team
$1.00 – NES / Atari Level
$5.00 – SNES / Genesis Level
$10.00 – PlayStation / N64 Level
$20.00 – PS2 / Xbox Level
$50.00 – PS3 / Xbox 360 Level
$100.00 – PS4 / Xbox One Level
$250.00 – Hologram Level!?!?
Any Amount – Wii Level